Re: [LUG] OT surveillance

I think most people have got this all wrong. It's not about keeping our
communications private it's about our right to privacy.

If I want something private between a friend we go somewhere quiet and
out of earshot of others. The right of privacy is about my wishing my
communication between my friend to be private. Just because you have a
drone passing over us that can hear everything we say doesn't mean this
can be broadcast to all and sundry.

Of course if "the authorities" have a good reason they can override my
right to privacy. Personally I'm not too happy with even this as I
believe Rights are more important than crimes.