Re: [LUG] OT surveillance

On 26/06/13 09:48, Neil Stone wrote:
On 06/26/13 05:30, Kai Hendry wrote:
After seeing http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23049737 with GCHQ's
Cornwall outpost I was wondering what other DCLUG members thought
about the revelations that pretty much all our activites on the
Internet are watched without due process.

Are we comfortable with that?

Seems like most people have gone into resigned acceptance mode (or
they knew it all along) instead of writing to your MP mode and try to
curtail it.

If you have nothing to hide, why worry ?

They said that in Germany in 1932.
You dont know how they will missuse the date. At Bradley Mannings trial its been mentioned that he used the hackers program "wget". I've used that - always for legal purposes but to an ignorant and badly briefed jury... The bradley manning and snowden cases show that once they have the data it so insecure that anyone on the inside can access it. Try running a business when someone on the inside can watch you and your competitors and your clients every move an profit from them at your expense.
Tom te tom te tom