Re: [LUG] Possibly useful ref: linux file system layout standard

On 26/06/13 14:47, Philip Hudson wrote:
> http://www.tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/html/
>
> --
> Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
> @UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

I just had a browse through that and although it was interesting, it was
more of a historical document than a useful reference per se.

"The reference system will be based upon Debian 3.0r0 (Woody), 2.4.18
kernel configured to a Redhat kernel-2.4.18-i686.config file."

Right, nice and up to date material then!

I know this is an attempt at a nice sane standard for a filesystem
layout but the horse has already bolted with Fedora and others moving
multiple system folders to live under /usr, the advent of the multilib
layout under Debian and others, etc.

I used to use the TLDP a lot in the old days but I tend to find their
documentation has dated, and not always well.

Regards