Re: [LUG] Windows NSA backdoor - website article

On 15/06/13 20:28, Simon Avery wrote:
> On 15 Jun, 2013, at 6:55 pm, Paul Sutton wrote:
>
>> "Microsoft basher" is one of the very few brands I *will* wear, and I will
>> wear it with pride. I equate it with "truthful witness".
>>
> "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour
> upon it, the more it will contract."
>
> By all means attack and hate them for specific reasons, but if you do it
> just because they're Microsoft then every other argument you make will be
> tarred with the stain of bigotry.
>
> There is much to dislike about MS, and I'm no fan of them by any means, but
> not everything they have ever done was bad.

Ah, the voice of reason... sometimes sorely missing around these parts
when the subject of Richmond's finest comes up.

Let us not forget that once upon a time, Microsoft were the cool young
upstarts saving us from the evil empire (IBM). Not to mention that
Microsoft would literally have to start killing kittens and unicorns
before they could equal the corporate douchbaggery of Apple or Oracle,
and these are mere software companies. What are we to think of Monsanto,
General Electric, Haliburton and the many other truly 'evil' companies
out there?

Regards