Re: [LUG] Flat-file database

On 06/06/13 21:09, Philip Hudson wrote:
On 6 Jun, 2013, at 7:35 pm, Tony Sumner wrote:

Why has noone mentioned MySQL? A flat-file DB is only a special case
of an ordinary one and SQL will do everything.

I specifically don't want a "proper" SQL DBMS. It's a RAD tool I'm seeking, really, I suppose, rather than a DB. A "desktop database" in the style of FileMaker (in its earlier pre-relational incarnation) or Oracle Forms.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

Not a flat file DB but I am working on a paradox/access client/server app in php/javascript that will allow calculated fields (using javascript) and allow you to keep your data in whatever relational DB you like. Its part of a bigger system that include security from the start so there should be no massive mountains to climb as one moves from SOHO->SME->GOBAL. Its intended be driven entirely from the browser where relevant. Not click and go but then thats the thing that locks so many things in the 'I want it now' less than SOHO model.
Tom te tom te tom