Re: [LUG] Linux Mint - Bad Kernel?

As you describe it, I'd say duff drive, except that in my experience (of about 12 ssd's including about 6 OCZ's - four died within 3 months or so - I also will never buy OCZ again), ssd's go splat in a very final way. No warning, no errors, nothing. Just an unbootable drive. Others report they go R/O, but not OCZ's!

But windows working... Unless it's some obscure hardware/firmware bug with the ssd affecting only the partition, it can't be the drive.

Grasping at straws, but... Partition alignment? Obviously it can't be straight forward corruption if fsck is returning clean, but maybe the firmware is doing something too smart for its own good and reporting clean to fsck when it's not?

Failing that, I'd be looking at kernels as you've done, and their timings. Also filesystem setups, alignments and general tweakery - but they're generally more for the tuning, rather than recovery.