Re: [LUG] git hub problems

On 17/05/13 19:38, Paul Sutton wrote:
> On 17/05/13 15:08, Kevin Peat wrote:
>>
>> On 17 May 2013 14:55, Philip Hudson <phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx
>> <mailto:phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 17 May, 2013, at 1:27 pm, Paul Sutton wrote:
>>
>>         Hi
>>         https://github.com/zleap/test
>>

>>         I am trying to create a new repository on git hub
>>
>>         i have created a new directory flocally and done the following
>>
>>         |touch README.md
>>         git init
>>         git add README.md
>>         git commit -m "first commit"
>>         git remote add origin https://github.com/zleap/test.git
>>         git push -u origin master
>>

>>     I'm guessing that you need to perform one more step after git init
>>     to add your GH username to the new repo's metadata. That's how it
>>     works in bzr/launchpad; in that case the command is bzr whoami.
>>     Something like that? HTH
>>

>> Paul's commands are correct. Did you do the stuff on this page?
>>
>> https://help.github.com/articles/set-up-git
>>
>> Kevin
>>

> Ah, thanks do i need to do that for Each repository on git hub
>
> so i have clearly done this for helloworld so i need to do the same for
> projects and test
>
> Paul

For

git config --global user.name "/Your Name Here/"

Does this mean instead  of user.name i type username.paul "my name" i
don't quiet get what it is telling me to do the . is confusing me.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.