Re: [LUG] git hub problems

On 17 May, 2013, at 1:27 pm, Paul Sutton wrote:

Hi
https://github.com/zleap/test

I am trying to create a new repository on git hub

i have created a new directory flocally and done the following

|touch README.md
git init
git add README.md
git commit -m "first commit"
git remote add origin https://github.com/zleap/test.git
git push -u origin master

When i do the last step I enter my user name and password and it says
fatal: authenticaion failed

I am using the CORRECT username and password as if I go to my original
helloworld directory and upload a new file it works fine

I don't understand what I am doing fully,

any ideas why it would say failed when I am following the steps given

my new directory is as above so called test.

I'm guessing that you need to perform one more step after git init to add your GH username to the new repo's metadata. That's how it works in bzr/launchpad; in that case the command is bzr whoami. Something like that? HTH

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63