[LUG] First Exeter Raspberry Jam

Hello

It was really good to see you all last Saturday and thanks for coming, hopefully it was the first of many.

As I mentioned to some of you, I will offer some of my thoughts on the event and hopefully you will feedback.

I thought there was a really good turn out, both in terms of numbers and the balance of people, some with a lot of experience and some with none.

The next event should be sometime in June and I will arrange this with the library and let you all know when it’s sorted.

I think we need to make more monitors available and I shall try to sort this with the library. We will need adapters to use the library monitors and maybe we can club together and buy some for the group? We can get them on ebay for about £3.00 each – I will order some anyway in advance of the next meeting.

There is no wired network access in the room we are using, but wifi is available (as some of you found out).

I also think I could have done better with the publicity and will make more use of the Raspberry Pi forum next time.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=43353

We may also consider making some of the meetings more formal so we could, for example, have people demonstrating projects they have been working on, we could have an event specifically aimed at children or hold a drop-in session where more experienced members help others with particular issues they are having.

Those are just a few ideas and I’m sure people will have other suggestions, let me know what you think.

Has anybody got one of the camera boards yet? It would be good to see one of those working at the next event!

Thanks again – please let me know your views (good or bad) .

Keep your eyes on the forum for more news, you can also follow Devon Libraries on  twitter @DevonLibraries (or me @music_machines) – also, there are some pictures of last week here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/devonlibraries/sets/72157633485772977/

Simon Belshaw

Email: simon.belshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxx