Re: [LUG] Help!

On 15/05/13 11:52, Tony Sumner wrote:
> On May 15, 2013, bad apple wrote:
>
>> Although if you haven't disabled WPS, you should really do that right
>> now. (http://code.google.com/p/reaver-wps/)
> If I disable WPS is it still possible to have wireless access? Reaver
> looks pretty scary. I just changed my WPA key to something better and
> my wife's poxy iPad wouldn't let me join, ie no invitation to type in
> the key. I am not asking for help with the iPad just moaning. I look
> forward to reading the resolution for Viv.
>
> Tony

Yes, WPS is just a method to enable "easy" connection to your router, it
doesn't disable standard PSK-style authentication over WPA2 as normal if
you turn it off. Unfortunately, WPS also enables your local hackers to
easily access your router as well:

http://www.wolfmanzbytes.com/pc/213-wi-fi-protected-setup-wps-broken.html

It's completely and utterly broken. Regarding your iPad, iDevices can be
fussy about passwords - try both adding your network manually (specify
SSID, crypto type and password in the "add other network" dialogue) and
removing your iPad from the "connected devices" section of your router's
admin interface before you try and rejoin it. I frequently have to coax
iDevices into joining my network to, it's not just you...

Regards