Re: [LUG] Help!

On 15/05/13 06:21, Viv Griffin wrote:
> I need some help from one of you who knows enough about hacking to help me
> to understand how someone is hacking into our wifi.
>
> This isn't any simple password cracking. I have taken a number of measures,
> far beyond what would normally be deemed necessary for normal wifi
> security.
>
> I use OpenDNS and so have log files on recent wifi access as well as router
> log files. But, this goes way beyond my knowledge.
>
> I would be happy to pay a reasonable rate for the work needed to help me
> work out how this person is managing to hack in and how to prevent it
> happening (if possible). If not, we will need to stop using wifi altogether
> and go back to hard wired. This is what I have done for now, until I can
> get some help.
>
> thanks
>
> Viv
>
> P.S. I was taking a chance posting this to the list as I realise it is
> possible that the person doing this may also be a member. I know there are
> a lot of hacking tools that are linux based. If so - a message just for
> you. No - on 2nd thoughts, I can't say what I would like to say, in an open
> forum - you will just have to use your imagination.

You are going to have to provide a lot more detail - perhaps a good
place to start would be why you even think your 'wifi' is being hacked
in the first place.

Although if you haven't disabled WPS, you should really do that right
now. (http://code.google.com/p/reaver-wps/)

Bring the details, this sounds interesting.

Regards