Re: [LUG] Windows 8 vs Ubuntu 13.04

Makes you wonder wtf they're smoking over there at Canonical.

They had such a great thing, did some amazing work in moving linux forward, now appear to be systematically making their product unwelcome and unusable. It's a crying shame. :(

And Windows 8. I have only toyed with this, and until I'm in a position where I can't immediately recoil and push it away, that's how it's going to stay. I found the interface massively unintuitive and instant visions of complaints from my users asking how the hell they use it.  Again, another example of a company with a good thing (whatever your views on Windows, it's market leader for many reasons, not all of them bad) apparently taking design direction from a crack-smoking hippy balancing on a pole.