Re: [LUG] Email encryption, was Re: www.dcglug.org.uk

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013, Brad Rogers wrote:

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 12:50:48 +0100 (BST)
Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon,

I'm currently in Tenerife. Just been to the bank with my sister where

Business or pleasure?  Or shouldn't I ask?

Neither really, however today is my last full day here, so I might go out and take some photos. I fly home tomorrow.

I'm here arranging my fathers funeral. He retired here 10 years ago and recently had some illness (cancer). I do not recommend allowing elderly relatives to retire to Spain... Fortunately my sister was living out here with him too and speaks some Spanish.

she withdrew a large sum of cash. There are no windows with bullet
proof glass, you get to sit at the tellers desk (there were 2 side by

Like many other things, bullet proof glass and what-not merely provides
the illusion of security.  It's only the inept criminals that enter a
physical bank to steal money.

No-one else batted an eyelid.

It's all a case of what one is used to.  We seem to like illusions in
the UK.

I think that the more barriers we put up, the more hostile/aggressive/repressed a society we'll become. There will always be crime, it's just the management if it that needs addressing.

Gordon