[LUG] Gmail/Yahoo email issues.

A few weeks ago Sky email, which I have used for some time and subscribed to
the list as changed their backend from Google to Yahoo.
Now it seems that many don't like Yahoo, and I tend to agree for the most
part except I don't suffer significantly from Spam.
Most of what I get goes straight into the Spam folder automatically and I
just check to see what *real* mail has been put in there by mistake and
delete the rest every few days.
The problem I have is that I don't like using Yahoo for email on my Android
devices. The Gmail app automatically synced with the Sky service and the
Yahoo one doesn't. It either has to checked manually or set up to
periodically check, at a minimum of 10 minutes.
I got around this to some extent by setting up Gmail to check and import the
Yahoo account but now if I send email on the Android tablet it defaults to
sending it under my Gmail account list and I have to wait for my message to
be approved before it posts. Hence my multiple posts on a recent thread
where I realised this and then sent the email from my laptop instead, which
can be set to reply as my Sky account.

Can anyone recommend a workaround so I can reply to the list from my device,
short of unsubscribing and re-subscribing with the Gmail address.

Ray