Re: [LUG] Email encryption, was Re: www.dcglug.org.uk

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 9:07 PM, Simon Waters wrote:
> The credit card processors we looked at around Christmas were determined
> amongst other things to know which "High School" my employer (a UK
> Limited Company) attended and who their "High School teachers" were in
> various years. So I fear the security evangelists are not imagining this.

OK, I give in, banks are crap with security. :-)

(In my defence, I was mostly talking about email. My bank doesn't even
send me important emails, everything goes by post.)

(In their defence, giving access to the right person/entity, when
zero, or two people have access to an account is far from a trivial
problem.)

Martijn.