[LUG] Home server - follow up

Having finally got my old desktop more or less working again (thanks for all the help) I have now had a go at installing the Ubuntu server. I know that bad apple suggested trying the Debian server and I did look at the web site. There is so much there that I was completely overwhelmed and gave up looking in the end.

I did have a bit of trouble with the old HD, and the installation failed with error messages a couple of times. In the end I ran a live DVD on the machine, and used gparted to reformat the disk as Ext4.

So, starting tomorrow I will have a look at it all. If anyone can advise about some good help articles on the internet I would be grateful. I may well be back with some questions!

Thanks

Neil