Re: [LUG] IRC Channel

On 22 April 2013 21:49, Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/22/13 21:30, Simon Avery wrote:
> Where does it say that in the poll?  Last I heard you were still
> camped out on flashtek and you've been quiet since on here. And don't
> you think it's somewhat arrogant to redact another's edit without even
> attempting to communicate? I do.

That seems to be the norm just now... After all, who edited MY poll ?
> The group name and domain is dcglug, I really don't see why it's even
> a question that the channel should reflect that, other than you are
> the registered owner of #dclug and based on recent events I can only
> assume this is about control?

Assume what you like...

Ask many of the residents of LUGs around the world, they will refer to
it as a LUG... I'm not saying that they are right or wrong, but that's
how people know them...

> BTW, I didn't say the poll was restarted - only "freenode" from the
> description, but the entire poll's status had been set as
> "unpublished" and hidden from the RHS menu. I've set it back now.

"somebody (I assume Neil) has deleted that and de-published the entire poll"

I guess I misunderstood your use of English...

I mentioned the GLUG to someone earlier today, they were confused 'till
I sat them down and explained that it's short for GNU/Linux Users
Group... to which they replied "...oh, a LUG.."

My point was made...

We had this discussion quite a few years ago - DCLUG vs DCGLUG. Since the decision was made to include the G in our title, it would seem reasonable to include it in our IRC channel too.