Re: [LUG] HTML5 DRM

On 19/04/13 13:08, tom wrote:
On the other hand, my ISP, Virginmedia, provides Catchup TV services for the last week (may even be two weeks.. only had my TiVo installed yesterday). Admittedly not every programme on every channel is available on Catchup, but that is still a very hefty amount of A/V content sat on their servers in case anyone wants to view it. The same volume could equally be a movie catalogue, so I don't think it's entirely out of the question.

Kind regards,

Julian

And that is cached locally - near to you ? Or is it cached just next door to the provider and the ISP and still block up the interwebs?
Tom te tom te tom

It's cable, I think for Tivo stuff it's done over IP, and I'd hazard a guess stored on servers at their local head end.

The Tivo also has a 10Mbit internet connection for things like Youtube and Spotify (and other internetty apps).

Rob