Re: [LUG] HTML5 DRM

 On 19/04/2013 05:40, Simon Waters wrote:
On 18/04/13 23:18, Julian Hall wrote:

To be honest, I don't think it makes a blind bit of difference what
technology movies are streamed with.  I would have thought a movie of a
particular length will, assuming it's streamed with the same quality
settings, use up the same - or similar - amount of bandwidth whether
it's sent via HTML5 or another method, so I don't think the data content
is the issue.
The size of a movie will depend on the format used to compress it.
That's what I meant when I referred to the same quality settings, e.g. the same AVI (lossless) being streamed both by HTML5 or by Flash. I wouldn't have thought there would be much difference in the amount of data over the network assuming the same file was streamed by both methods.

Julian

PS. My degree is in Software Development with Multimedia, so we did a fair bit with file types and compression etc ;)