Re: [LUG] surveillance

On 15 Apr, 2013, at 1:36 pm, Neil Winchurst wrote:

It makes me wonder how bad things are over here in the UK.

Considerably worse in some respects, better in one that I can think of.

More cameras per head in the UK -- much more -- with much much greater geographical cover (obviously).

No constitution, therefore no rights, only "privileges" and "traditional freedoms". (No really, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but that "unwritten" thing is all lies that suit the convenience of those who want to be able to take your freedoms away with a single vote in the Commons).

OTOH, UK and -- much more importantly -- EU data protection rules do give us some protections that Yanks et al don't have.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63