Re: [LUG] Tor Project

I've been aware of Tor project for a while.  It came more to my attention as a
result of abuse on our servers - where we are abused from many compromised servers
and when we change the access the abusers visit from Tor exit nodes update their
scripts and set the bots back on us.

The tor network appears quite small and as such the anonimity provided is probably
quite weak compared to some similar projects. Good enough I didn't try tracking our
abuses down.

Tor is easy to use,  and some network scanning tools have client code compiled in.

Only folk I see doing really good job of blocking tor is google, who seem to know if
you are using it, so I assume they have aggressive automated surveillance for tie
like traffic and build their list of exit nod3s efficiently.