Re: [LUG] valid image of wheezy debian

John,

Your quoting and email trimming is somewhat sub-optimal, making it hard to work out what you typed and what Paul typed.

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013, JOHN DAVEY wrote:

No, actually Paul wrote this:

I have just had a go at downloading the same image  file if I run
sha1sum on the img file i get a different checksum to
b4375dc9d140e6e48e0406f96dead3601fac6c81 which is mentioned on both the
website inside the file you download with this checksum in.  Either the
site hasn't been updated with a new checksum file or there is something
wrong with the downloading.

And I already replied to it.

Paul was checkumming the IMG file, not the ZIP file.

No-where does it suggest checksumming the img file. The checksum is on the ZIP file. the one that you download.

If you run md1sum on the img file, then it might look like:

3623d5c1c529e9c1f17e274dfe9444bf8b9b3682  2013-02-09-wheezy-raspbian.img

running it on the ZIP file and you should get:

b4375dc9d140e6e48e0406f96dead3601fac6c81  2013-02-09-wheezy-raspbian.zip