Re: [LUG] .bad apple.

On 28/03/13 09:04, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 00:03:13 +0000
bad apple <ifindthatinteresting@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello bad,

My only guess is that yahoo are leaking unsalted and perhaps even
The problem is, was, and ever will be yahoo.  They appear to have no
interest in closing their security holes.

Over the past few months I've seen, literally, hundreds of yahoo
accounts compromised.  Many, like yours, can't be as a result of duped
account holders;  The account holders are simply too astute to fall for
that trick.  Admittedly, some will have fallen due a to successful
phishing attempt, but not the number I've seen.

I know yahoo accounts aren't the only ones prone to this.  Hotmail,
gmail, msn, aol and wlm accounts are too.  All the big, free, web based
accounts.

(I'd don your tinfoil hat at this point)
My feeling is that yahoo et al make money out allowing the spamming to
continue.

Or am I really being just too cynical?

Yes you are. Its simply that they don’t think it worth their effort to fix it.
Tom te tom te tom