Subject:        [ubuntu-uk] Anyone want to bring their expert knowledge of
Ubuntu/Debian packaging to Manchester, UK on 21st April?
Date:   Mon, 25 Mar 2013 15:35:00 +0000
From:   Chris Wilson <notgary@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:     Ubuntu UK List <ubuntu-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ubuntu Development
<ubuntu-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey there,

UCubed, the Manchester-based Ubuntu unconference, will be held on Sunday
21st April in Manchester City Centre, and we're looking for someone to
come along for a few hours and give a class/workshop on maintaining the
Ubuntu packageset.

We're looking to provide some classes and workshops on the various ways
you can contribute to the development of Ubuntu, and we're looking for
someone to cover packaging.

If you'd like to help out, then you should expect to speak for 1-2
hours, and since this is a very hands-on topic, you would need to
provide a relatively easy packaging task, reflecting some sort of real
world Ubuntu task instead of a "hello world" type task, that yo'd be
confident in helping people work through.

We can't really offer you much in the way of compensation since this is
a community-run event, though I will buy you a drink afterwards for your
trouble :)

Please let me know if anyone's interested in this.

Chris