[LUG] Asterisk (again)

Hi folks,

All this talk of Asterisk has spurred me into having a play with it at home. It's been a while since I played with it (last time I managed to get it up and running in a VM).

I gather I could probably install it on top of an existing distro but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions of pre-packaged Asterisk distros?

Having a google comes up with suggestions such as Elastix, AsteriskNOW, PBX in a Flash and FreePBX. I'm a bit stumped which one to go for (I guess a nice pretty web interface would be good until I get my head around how Asterisk works).

So any suggestions from those out there who have Asterisk boxes running?

Rob