Re: [LUG] Low Powered Computers

Hi All

Thanks for all the replies. In order to add some further information and to attempt
to answer some of the questions.
1. It will cost us over £1000 to get the woods on to the grid. We can apply for
grants etc but not sure if we will get the money.
2. 4x solar panels of 170W
3. A couple of large leisure batteries (for large read very heavy which I'm told is
the lead). Not sure of the rating.
4. The system is not set up yet. It's on the to do but will be happening very
shortly.
5. For internet usage we will be using a usb dongle.

6. No streams. (I do like your picture Gordon). It is on a large hill and we were
hoping to try to build ponds to run a water generator but an expert said don't
bother you won't get enough energy to warrant the cost. We have another retired
bloke putting together a steam engine using a fresnel lens which will power a
generator. We will need to store lots of water though.

7. Haven't looked at monitors yet.

Really this is an attempt to see whether it is possible. Neil, I'll email you or
ring you off-list.
---
Kind regards

Richard Brown