Re: [LUG] lug site

I would like to voice my thanks to Paul for all the work that he does for the LUG, I've said this to him personally in the past but thought it would be pertinent to put it on here now.  I think if he ever decides on a career change the united nations diplomatic core is waiting for people who put up with as much as he has with only the occasional, irritated but still polite, retort.

I do think that the tone of the mailing list which is normally good natured is too often, shall we say, non-constructive.  Simon even though it was your exchange with Paul that prompted this missive I'm not singling you out nor do I consider you are the worst offender.

It is great that opinions are expressed but I do think the days of 'divine right of kings' are over and I don't think any of us have the right genetics anyway.  Your opinion is just that 'your' opinion and an opposing opinion may have validity and even if the opinion does not the person who expressed it has validity and should be treated as such.

But that's just my opinion...

Malcolm