Re: [LUG] Different IP address for mail

Fetchmail?

On Mar 3, 2013 8:12 PM, "Richard Brown" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Neil

On 3 Mar 2013, at 19:57, Neil Stone wrote:

> What exactly are you trying to achieve ?
>

> On 3 March 2013 19:37, Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to redirect mail to a different ip address please? I know I can use the hosts file to redirect a url to an ip address. Can I use this technique with a mail inbox please? Thanks.

We moved email hosting from a cpanel managed server to another server with it's own propriety server management software.

Emails from all accounts except one moved across fine. The problem with the one account is that it had several (around 100) large emails that had not fully downloaded. We are using IMAP. We can still access the emails using webmail and could simply forward the emails to the new account but we would prefer if possible to simply import the existing IMAP account.

I am trying to see if there is a cpanel converter or if it is possible to download mail from squirrelmail or whether it is possible to edit my hosts file so that I can download all existing mail to my computer, archive them then set up the new IMAP account and pull the emails back in.

Thanks for the help.
---
Kind regards

Richard Brown