[LUG] Directory names on Sansa Clip+ player

So I've got a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ mp3 player, that we've discussed
here regularly.

I've created a bunch of directories on the player (filesystem: vfat)
to keep my podcasts tidy. I've created all these directories while it
was plugged into a Ubuntu machine.

Now I occasionally plug the player into an SLES machine. When doing
so, the directories whose names were all uppercase now appear as
lowercase; the others remain unchanged. So:
- 'FOO' has become 'foo'
- 'Bar' remains 'Bar'

It's hardly the end of the world, but it seems kind of odd. Any idea
of what's going on?

Martijn.