Re: [LUG] Sqlite front end

Neil,

On 22 February 2013 11:16, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Why is it unusual? I had better explain. My last job before I retired was as
> a self-employed creator of small databases for local small businesses. I
> used a Windows program called Borland Paradox. This was what is known as a
> monolithic type, that is all included. It was of the same style as MS Access
> but in my opinion far superior.
>
> It included everything in one program that is tables, forms, queries,
> reports and, most important of all, its own built in script language called
> PAL (Paradox Application Language).

I would echo Simon's recommendation of Postgres. You can use pgAdmin
III for GUI management, it works great and I have used it for years.
You can use Views or Triggers to simulate calculated columns depending
on your application.

I remember paying £400 for a copy of Paradox back in the 90's and it
wasn't a patch on what you get today for free with Postgres.

regards,
Kevin