Re: [LUG] Android root & unlock

On 21 February 2013 19:16, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well not sure about unlocking for another network, actually I need to do
> that on my old one.  As for updating it, I'd recommend Cyanogenmod 9 (it's
> based on Ice Cream Sandwich).  I found Cyanogenmod 10 (Jellybean) to be a
> little too slow on the Galaxy S (I have the GT-i9000, I believe they
> released a slightly updated version with a 1.4GHz CPU, so if you have one of
> them maybe it might handle it better).

Mine is over 2 years old so I doubt that I have that version!

> Head over to http://www.cyanogenmod.org and also have a look at the XDA
> Developers forums for all the information you could ever need.  The XDA guys
> are really knowledgeable.  You can also get custom firmwares based on
> Gingerbread too if you so desire.

Thanks for the tip. Can anyone point me at a good, easy to follow,
link to root the phone? I've been trying to follow some methods but
they all seem to start from somewhere else.

I have GT-I9000, firmware version 2.3.6, baseband version I9000NEJW1.

--
Martinus Scriblerus scripsit ex 50º 21' N, 4º41' W