Re: [LUG] Android root & unlock

On 20/02/13 21:06, Martinus Scriblerus wrote:

> Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Ditto giffgaff if you plan to use it where there is O2 coverage of
course. There is an app in the Google Play store to set phones up
("giffgaff apn" IIRC), much easier than bashing the details in by hand,
but all covered on the giffgaff site and forums, along with tips on
unlocking and similar.

Whilst I resent paying to unlock a phone - it is just doing a simple
calculation based on a secret formula, I used UnlockFusion, found via
Ebay. Budget service no frills but it worked. But check giffgaff and
search first as some phones can be unlocked free of charge.

No tips on rooting, I want my phone to be a device not something that
needs attention and know-how, and it already needs about the same amount
of maintenance as my Debian boxes.....

I, and most giffgaff users probably have spare sims around, and they'll
give a modest reward to anyone who signs up new users, but they ship
them out fairly promptly if you go to the website.