Re: [LUG] Ubuntu user?

On 19 Feb, 2013, at 10:52 am, Simon Avery wrote:

I guess it's down to each user on how much about themselves they're
willing to surrender.

Obviously not. Most users are not informed enough to give meaningful consent, nor is it fair to have opt-in as the default even for fully informed and knowledgeable users.

Without getting too excited about it, this is no
worse than using a search engine or Facebook. Profiling happens in so
many ways this is just one more, but I do find it uncomfortable.

So you should. This is not some inevitable law of nature at work, these are decisions taken by human beings.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63