Re: [LUG] Ubuntu user?

I don't think he meant that Canonical already have established backdoors and are stealing your data. What I read into that quote was that if YOU are running Ubuntu, which is their product, you'll be updating your system using their packages, as the root user. They have root on your computer. You have already demonstrated that you trust them with your root by allowing their packages onto your machine; you have already demonstrated that you trust them by allowing their packages access to your data.

Grant