Re: [LUG] Mint 14 install

On 11/02/13 12:01, tom wrote:
> On 11/02/13 10:19, raymond.knowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Having problems with a Mint 14 installation onto
>> an HP Pavilion
>> (ex Vista, ex Ubuntu 12.04 LTS) machine.
>>

>> The disk (LXF 168) appears to do all the usual things one
>> would
>> expect for a fresh install. It picks up the correct
>> screen res
>> (1280 x 1024), correctly identifies network
>> present, sets the
>> correct time, shows the Mint 14
>> background screen ...
>>
>> and stops. It puts up an icon for
>> install, then goes no further.
>>
>> Suggestions please ?
>>

>> Regards etc,
>> Ray Knowles.
>>
> Assuming you checked the disk for errors... And that you've actually
> clicked the icon?
> Try running Mint from the disk - rather than doing an install.
> Can you alt-f1 into a console?
> I'm noticing more and more duffness on install disks these days - lack
> of drivers, stupid presentations that don’t work and kill the
> installetc etc.
> Tom te tom te tom

We had this a few years ago, at a lug meet I think rob suggested burning
a cd at a lower speed,  either that copy to usb flash drive.   I think
some of these live cd's are trying to do too much,  and this is causing
problems (like tom said) but this is having a negative effect on the
image of Linux based systems,

Tom any particular patten to this, are we looking at larger distros such
as Ubuntu, mint having these issues,   ?

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org
http://www.ubuntu.com

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and
expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.