Re: [LUG] Mint 14 install

Hi Tom,

Yes I clicked the icon ... no action other than a
burst of
activity from the CD drive.

I have not tried
running Mint from the disk, will do.
Also will check the
disk for errors. Hadn't thought of that.
Also I'll try Alt-
F1 to get a console.

Regards etc,
Ray.

Message----
>From: tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Date:
11/02/2013 12:01
>To: <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subj: Re:
[LUG] Mint 14 install

knowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Having
problems with a Mint 14 installation onto
>> an HP Pavilion

>> (ex Vista, ex Ubuntu 12.04 LTS) machine.
>>

>> The
disk (LXF 168) appears to do all the usual things one

would
>> expect for a fresh install. It picks up the
correct
>> screen res
>> (1280 x 1024), correctly
identifies network
>> present, sets the
>> correct time,
shows the Mint 14
>> background screen ...
>>
>> and stops.
It puts up an icon for
>> install, then goes no further.
>>

>> Suggestions please ?
>>

>> Regards etc,
>> Ray
Knowles.

>Assuming you checked the disk for errors...
And that you've actually
>clicked the icon?
>Try running
Mint from the disk - rather than doing an install.
>Can you
alt-f1 into a console?
>I'm noticing more and more duffness
on install disks these days - lack
>of drivers, stupid
presentations that donât work and kill the installetc