Re: [LUG] DrayTek Vigor 120 - unstable connections following machine reboot

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM, Simon Avery wrote:
> (Technically a modem not a router, according to the 120 description...
> </pedant>)

Yes, I know. Typo. I bought it because it's only a modem. No need to
have a device do the routing when the box behind it does that already.

> My first step would be to swap the modem/router out for something else
> if you have it. If symptoms persist with another box, dig a little
> deeper, runs adsl tests in the router supports it (some drayteks do),
> listen on the line for noise, consider escalating the issue to BT,
> check for newer firmware, put it in the corner and give it a stern
> telling off, etc.

I have another modem of the same model lying around, I'll swap them in
a bit. (I didn't have access to the room in which they are related
yesterday.) It could of course be a fault in the modem. But given that
it happened exactly when I was forced to reboot the machine behind it
-- I've got network logs that prove that -- it seems too much of a
coincidence.

Martijn.