[LUG] Issue with newish Samsung laptops and Ubuntu

Hey folks,

Not sure if anyone has seen this on The Register:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/01/31/ubuntu_uefi_bricking_samsung_laptops/

Looks like there is an issue with Ubuntu on some new Samsung laptops which have UEFI. My work laptop is a Samsung, although I'm using Mint 13 on it (not sure if Mint 14 is affected or not). So if you have a new Samsung laptop and you want to bung Ubuntu on it, or maybe other newish distros too then it could be worth bearing in mind just in case.

Rob