[LUG] wireless mice

Hi

does anyone know what the current state of play is with linux, specificaly kubuntu 12.10, and wireless mouses these days? I tried one a few years back and it did less than the ones the cat brings me (though they don't have onboard wifi) so I was sort of hoping there was a standard and these things "just work".

If there isn't, a standard, and they don't, just work, does anyone know of a brand that does without me needing to roll my own drivers.

I have to upgrade hardware for someone with a deep dislike of wires on their desk...

Thanks

Si