[LUG] HDMI to DVI cable and code needed for Raspbery Pi.

Hi all , I have a Raspbery Pi which my wife doesn't want me to plug into the TV for obvious reasons...she can't watch the TV.
I googled the problem, got the apropriate HDMI toDVI lead but paarently there's something else I need to do. THere is some code I need to change. I found the solution on the Raspbery site but I can't re-find it so I thought 'd ask here. Which bit of which dev/etc (or whatever) do I need to change....does anybody know.
Thanks JOn DAvey.