Re: [LUG] strange behaviour with my machine.

--- On Wed, 23/1/13, bad apple <ifindthatinteresting@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: bad apple <ifindthatinteresting@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LUG] strange behaviour with my machine.
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, 23 January, 2013, 17:15

On 23/01/13 17:04, JOHN DAVEY wrote:
> OK I have successfully set up the kb and mouse on puppy. This was with the hdd disconnected altogether. I then re-connect the hdd, set CD to priority boot device and tried turning the machine on....nothing. It was completely dead. So I went back to the old configuration without the hdd and after a few (quite a few) tries the machine eventually comes back to life. I just can't understand the behaviour at all it doesn't make any sense....
> Jon Davey.

It makes perfect sense really - your computer is broken and you need a
new one. Case closed!

Keep your old hard drive because you're going to need to connect it to a
different machine to try and recover your data.

Mucking around with settings in the BIOS isn't going to help much if
sometimes your PC randomly won't even boot up.

If you're looking for a laptop may I recommend checking the Dell refurb
pages - you can get some good deals on there if you're lucky.

Regards

--
It's BROKEN! but I'm writing this on it here now ? and it will always boot up with the pup cd in the drive....
Come to think of it ,however, it does have some strange idiosyncrasies. Unfortunately I have a PCI sound card I want to use so a laptop is not an option....nevermind.