[LUG] Auto Radio player Thing

Where I live there is very poor FM and DAB reception. T'wife loves to
listen to Radio4, has it going all day, but it's a bit of a struggle
at present.

I have an old laptop that has a broken screen. My idea is to use that
to stream radio4 over tinternet via wifi through the home.

Just radio4. Turn laptop on, sound comes forth. Turn it off, it goes
quiet. Got to be simple. Volume buttons would be nice.

So, any ideas how?

I could use anyold distro, autorun a web browser which autostarts the
stream. But it's inelegant and I was thinking there must be a simple
all-in-one thing somewhere out there that just does this - has anyone
got any other suggestions?

(I also have an rpi that I'm told a squeezebox client exists for, but
I don't even know what one of those is yet, but I would also need an
amp, wifi and speakers if I used that.)