Re: [LUG] Steam box

On 09/01/13 17:44, m.dinsmore wrote:
This got anounced at CES which I thought might be of interest...

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/01/valves-going-to-sell-its-own-bigfoot-steam-box-with-fancy-biometric-controller/

If it really isn't locked down it could be a cool Linux box even even if
your not into gaming.  The biometric controller looks interesting too...

Of course it's still vapourware at the moment. No indication of price or
internal spec yet but one to watch.

Malcolm

I heard it's got an AMD Quad Core CPU (one of the new AMD APU's with integrated GPU) and 1TB of storage, also seen something about it costing around $1000... so not cheap. But still pretty cool.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/08/hands-on-with-xi3s-piston-modular-pc-at-ces/

In the mean time I'll stick with the Wii U, PS3 and XBOX360... once Left4Dead 2 is available on Steam on Linux* I'll finally have a play with Steam.

Rob

* I say that because when I checked before Christmas it wasn't available. Actually I don't know if my Nettop with basic Geforce 8200 graphics would be up to the job :-P