Re: [LUG] Steam box

On 09/01/13 17:44, m.dinsmore wrote:
This got anounced at CES which I thought might be of interest...

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/01/valves-going-to-sell-its-own-bigfoot-steam-box-with-fancy-biometric-controller/

If it really isn't locked down it could be a cool Linux box even even if your not into gaming.  The biometric controller looks interesting too...

Of course it's still vapourware at the moment. No indication of price or internal spec yet but one to watch.

Malcolm

The shape really, really reminds me of the oh-so-much cooler SGI Tezro workstation:

http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/SGI_Tezro

The drilled, ventilated metal is very SGI-ish as well.

Cheers