Re: [LUG] Learning "web" programming

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
> On another note, would you say that CGI is perfectly acceptable? I kinda got
> the impression that it was frowned upon as it meant that a separate instance
> of the interpreter had to be loaded for each request.

I don't think that's a major issue for small sites. For big ones, you
can use something like mod_perl that loads the interpreter (Perl, in
this case) as part of the web server processes. Programming for
mod_perl isn't trivial though and there are many caveats to be aware
of. Not something you want to touch if you're only learning to program
for the web.

Martijn.