Re: [LUG] MySQL Command Line client "edit"

On 08/01/13 20:24, Philip Hudson wrote:

> or better, the free (as in freedom) Squirrel SQL:
>
> http://www.squirrelsql.org/

Interesting, I got as far as trying to drop a foreign key constraint
("This refactoring is not yet implemented for the MYSQL5 dialect") which
is probably fair enough.

It seems to do the kinds of thing I would like (and lots more).

I've ran out of memory once (it is Java and starts the JVM with 256MB).

The "Alter table" dialog has a problem with the "Close" button, which
seems a rather basic error (clicking "Close" doesn't work, but the "X"
does the job). Similarly it isn't always clear when changes succeed, and
it doesn't automatically refresh its meta-data view when it has
invalidated it. Some other case, where I have to specify "Dialect" when
it is using the MYSQL driver, probably a hang over from supporting
multiple concurrent connections but still it ought to default to the
current driver in use, or only list available drivers.

I hacked my imaginatively named "test" database around a bit, and it worked.

Still not sure about this one, although clearly a lot of love has gone
into it, you forget how naff Java apps can feel without native binding.