Re: [LUG] OT: Page load times Wordpress

On 08/01/13 04:58, Kai Hendry wrote:

> I think it's an issue. When I compare my own static sites to almost
> any Wordpress instance, I'm seeing a huge difference.

I'm seeing 0.07s for a simple static site and 0.1s for rather more
complex Wordpress site from the same server in one test.

I'm sure it is easy to make Wordpress run slowly, and yes this site is
on a big piece of (virtual) kit, but it is shared server and quite busy
at that.

But as I keep saying simple fetch time is not the metric of interest to
users (it matters to server admins for busy sites).

It may take 400ms to generate the dcglug page currently (I'm sure we can
make it faster), but it takes 5 to 6 seconds to load the front page.

webconverger.com which loads front page in under 300ms, presumably from
california, still takes 5 to 6 seconds to load the full front page. If
want want to improve the load time for dcglug, then replace the twitter
and facebook items with static links and image, less spying on our
users, and a better experience.