Re: [LUG] Operating Systems We Have Known And Loved (And Hated)

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013, Egon Spengler wrote:

Hey. That would be fun.

Short of running breakout and the other standard commands/programmes, I haven't done allot with this machine.

It has expansion cards for the printer, modem, game pads, and disk drives. I'm thinking these are serial cards (???) , but none the one you are after.

The printer and/or modem may be serial cards - you'd need to check the connectors. I don't think there was ever an internal modem for the Apple II, so the modem card may well be a serial card...

I don't have the expansion card for colour, either,

You needed the slot 7 colour card for UK Apple's - aslong with the channel 36 moduleator to get it onto a TV...

unfortunately. I tried to run 10 PRINT CHR$ (205.5 + RND (1)); : GOTO 10, but it did nothing :( Guess I was holding it wrong :)

That's the maze generator - won't work on the Apple II for a number of reasons - one being that the font isn't right.

Email me photos of the cards - especially the modem card, if you can...

Maybe we can arrange a retro (micro) computer day somewhere and I'll blow the cobwebs off the Mk14 ...

Cheers,

Gordon