[LUG] Bright Ideas to gain access to a system whose display has just broken...?

Hi Folks,

Happy new year! :-D

Someone has just sat on my net book and broken the screen! (balls!) Screen is totally unreadable.

Tried to plug in an ext. monitor but mint 12 requires mouse clicks to activate the ext. monitor. Since I cant see where to click, I cant activate the ext. monitor. Anyone know another way to activate it?

From recent previous posts, my netbook does have a static IP address and I can ping it....

I have tried to ssh to it (see below) but I dont think ssh is installed/setup :-s

roly@Nemisis:~$ ssh roly@xxxxxxxxxxx
ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.2 port 22: Connection timed out
roly@Nemisis:~$

That's the first time I have tried to use ssh, so, please let me know if the syntax above is incorrect - I dont think it is though....

Just wondered if anyone had any other bright ideas? Any other remote access tools that might be setup "out-of-the-box"?

Cheers roly :-)