Re: [LUG] Things to do with an RPi

On 26/12/12 13:44, Edward Finlayson wrote:
> Hi all,
> In my stocking this year, Santa brought me a Raspberry Pi. Now the question is
> what interesting and fun thing can you suggest to do with it?
> Any ideas gratefully received.
>
> Fin
> Sent from my  BlackBerry®

Have a play with some of the games,  If you play wormy,  you may want to
run this at 5 fps as its slower and more playable.

firstly in the case of wormy.py do

cp wormy.py wormy2.py

to make a backup of the game.

If you install a suitable editor (e.g geany) then you can load wormy.py
in to that and edit the FPS by changing the line to FPS = 5,  then
select build menu,  then execute option,  and it will run the game slower.

try similar things with the other games as in edit basic options,
change colour, size etc.

Unless of course you are more advanced than the above,  in which case
check out

http://projects.drogon.net

where you will find loads of useful information,. projects from the lugs
very own Gordon Henderson.

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111